- Lead and manage a team
- 2IC to CFO
- Property Development Sector
This role will suit an ambitious accounting and finance professional who is looking for an environment to utilise and grow their full skill set.
The organisation is a successful and highly regarded privately owned group, which includes property development and investment management.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the CFO, the role is the operational head of the finance team, responsible for leading a team in the financial management of the organisation.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Proactive management and development of team, including provision of mentoring, guidance and assistance on a day-to-day basis
- Responsibility for completion of the year-end income tax returns of the group within agreed timeframes
- Preparation and review of Financial Statements to ensure adherence with Australian accounting standards
- Management of relationships with the group’s external tax advisors
- Responsibility for ensuring compliance with all direct and indirect Tax Law. This includes income tax, capital gains tax, FBT, GST, stamp duty & land tax
- Manage the land tax and council rates assessments for the group, including managing the staatutory valuations and objections, where required
- Responsible for computation of the groups tax rolling forecast
- Oversee completion of and review of all Group monthly/quarterly BAS for payment and lodgement
- Assisting with managing group cash flow
- Assisting with managing the insurance portfolio of the group
- Preparation of management reporting and project reporting for various elements of the business;
- Drive process improvement within the finance team
- Act as an inhouse expert on structuring, taxation and accounting matters
The preferred candidate will demonstrate:
- High level technical skills, including complex legal structures from a commercial, accounting and taxation perspective.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and work streams and working in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Prior experience in managing a team
- Commercial acumen
In addition to your technical skills, you will have strong communication skills and a will be a natural relationship manager.
Candidates are required to be CA/CPA qualified.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click the ‘Apply’ button. Alternatively, please phone Mal Stuart 0413 308 314
0413 308 314