Melbourne - Permanent
- Excellent Opportunity
- Work with a market leader
- Dynamic team environment
An internationally recognised University, for its excellence in innovation and technology advanced buildings are now in the position to invite an experienced Senior Coordinator, Campus Safety & Incident Response to join their team and support future growth.
The Security Specialist will report in to the Senior Manager, Campus Safety. The role is to effectively manage the delivery of Infrastructure and Operations responsibilities related to the University Critical Incident Response Organistaional Structure. This includes the coordinator and support of the Campus Safety Group.
- Oversight of University Emergency Management Plan in accordance with Australian Standard AS 3745 and the Victorian State Emergency Manual that aligns with the existing Critical Incident Strategic Management Framework and associated plans.
- Responsible for coordinating and support of the Campus Safety Group in accordance with agreed key performance indicators and benchmarks.
- Establish a training program including training and emergency simulations across all campuses to anticipate future operational needs. Prepare complex reports, either directly or by managing external consultants, containing recommendations and cost estimates for the consideration of senior I&O management.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate response to emergency and out-of-hours related issues are in place and to arrange for the attendance of appropriate personnel (contractors and/or staff), when required.
Working with a leader in the industry, to be part of a large supportive team who are enthusiastic about making a difference. Competitive package.
The successful candidate will process the following:
- A degree with substantial extension of the theories and principles, learned through experience, or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to liaise with internal and external client areas.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver training, manage contractors and develop collaborative teams to deliver programs of work.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills to ensure facilitation of the operational requirements of the University community.
- Experience in reporting on contracted operational services including key performance indicators.
- Knowledge in emergency management, critical response and safety.
- An understanding of customer service to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Current Working With Children’s Check (WWCC) and driver’s license.
If you would like to be consider for this opportunity please click ‘apply’ and follow the prompts. Alternately, call Lesley Vallance for a confidential discussion on 0439789952.