Melbourne - Permanent
- Excellent Opportunity
- Work with a market leader
- Career Progression
Is a main provider of Health Services in Melbourne and Regional Victoria, providing a range of speciality services in the areas of community, rehabilitation, aged care and mental health.
The engineering controller is responsible for monitoring and operating the hospitals buildings and plant, most importantly they are the first responder to all emergency situations involving reactive maintenance.
- Record and maintain activity log books
- Monitor and operate building automation systems (BAS).
- Monitor and perform isolations and resets to fire detection and suppression system
- Monitor and report problems with emergency and exit lighting systems
- Monitor and Report problems with CCTV and access controls systems including auto doors and electric locks
- Monitor lift performance including phone operation, and safely assisting with services difficulties and entrapments.
- Monitor co-generation / boiler plant during out of hours’ operation.
- Monitor and manage medical gas supplies including medical air, oxygen, tool air and suction systems
- Monitor and manage two-way radio systems and operation.
- Monitor and operate emergency generator systems including power fail reset procedures.
- Attend to air conditioning service requests and make adjustments or raise work orders for repairs
- Escalate issues with the operation of plant to engineering
Working with a leader in health care, career progression and a competitive salary.
The ideal applicant for this role will be someone with a technical background, ideally having worked as a Services technician or plant Supervisor, possibly as a plumber, electrician, refrigeration mechanic, fitter or similar.
You will be a Specialist generalist with the ability to repair and control whatever reactive maintenance issue that may occur across the hospital. You will be someone who enjoys working at this level and will be looking for a long-term career move.
- Trade qualifications in building services related discipline, preferably A-Grade Electrician
- Extensive experience in the maintenance of complex buildings, preferable in a hospital environment
- Thorough understanding of essential service regulations.
- Able to use Johnson Controls, Independent Automation Systems and an Allerton BMS
If you want to be part of a friendly and supportive company that will reward you well for hard work then, follow the link below.
0439 789 952