Melbourne - Permanent
Assistant Development Manager
- Solid Project Pipeline
- Boutique Property Developer
- Opportunity to evolve and grow within the business
This family run Developer pride themselves on their quality and commitment, with a range of projects in the pipeline varying from residential land subdivisions, medium density housing to boutique apartments and retail.
Three projects of varying sizes consisting of mainly land subdivision and a small component of built form, will be the main focus of this role. Reporting to the Senior Development Manager your main responsibilities will include assisting with and/or the management of:
- Maintenance of development feasibilities throughout the projects various stages.
- Calling for submissions and appointment of planning, design, survey, engineering and architecture consultants and working closely with them to produce concept designs and estimates.
- Dealing with council bodies and authorities to lodge planning/engineering submissions and achieve approvals.
- Liaison with internal Sales and Marketing team and external Sales and Marketing consultants.
- Overall project delivery including tendering, contract administration, program review, budget forecasting, cash flow presentation, attending PCG and site meetings, Statement of Compliance, on/off maintenance etc.
- Various other tasks across the development life cycle as required.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
You will require a good understanding of the development life-cycle as a whole, and in particular, have experience in the delivery stages of land subdivision projects. In addition, you’ll require;
- Strong financial acumen, previously exposed to project feasibilities and reporting, ideally with experience in developing, or at least working through, feasibility models.
- Well-developed understanding of the planning submission and approval process for land and integrated developments. Have managed planning consultants and engaged directly with council officers and service authorities.
- Previous involvement in the development, implementation and review of urban design, plans and strategies. Preferably have chaired, or at least contributed to, design and planning meetings involving architects, planners, engineers, etc.
- Exposure to working with internal and external Sales Agents/Managers and Marketing/Creative Consultants to ensure alignment of project deliverables and timing with sales and marketing strategies.
- Reliable construction delivery expertise with the ability to manage construction to program and budget. Make sure contractors are meeting program and councils are releasing statements of compliance in a timely manner.
Culture & Benefits
Being a family owned business, this company believes in creating a collaborative and innovative team environment that nurtures growth within the company. This role will evolve and grow over time and you will be given the opportunity to step up to a Development Manager position within a short period of time.
How to apply
To register your interest in this role, click the link to APPLY, or contact Liana Le Gros on 0419 285 708 for a confidential discussion.
Liana Le Gros
0419 285 708